16 August 2007

Good Morning!


It is 6:30 in the morning and I am awake. Awake in spite of the fact that, I slept at around 3:30 last night, awake in spite of the fact that, my alarm did not get a chance to scream today. I have a 7:30 class and had found myself looking up at my watch at six in the morning. Then, instead of falling back asleep, I had decided to get up!

Its nice, its nice to see the morning after such a long long time. Its nice to enjoy the serenity in the atmosphere, with people around you, all fast asleep. Its nice to see the red sun play hide and seek in the clouds, its nice to see the little sparrows getting disturbed by the sudden morning breeze, its nice to see the leaves of trees consoling the birds that their fluttered feathers actually look good on them, kind of bringing out their subtleness. Its perhaps the best start one can have to his day. I feel glad, I didn't fall back asleep.

Often, I wonder, why can't I have the world on my terms? I want to live in a place where its night when I decide to go to sleep, and its early morning when I decide to get up. I don't want stupid small clocks deciding what I should do and what I shouldn't! I want to get up early everyday and see nature flicking its magical wand to decorate itself. I want to get up early and watch the squirrels scurrying around. I want to see who wins among the sun and the cloud, in their childish play. I want to be a part of nature, to be free from the guilt that I, as all other human beings, have alienated myself from my very root. I want to go back to nature, I want to live freely, far far away from an artificial world!

No comments: